I am a Group Fitness Instructor. I teach Freestyle Step Aerobics, BodyPump, Indoor Cycle, Boxing Classes, Circuit Classes, and Aqua Aerobics.

Oh, yeah... and it's not just fat, apparently there's a baby in there too :)

Monday 9 October 2006

Toasted Muesli

In July at a student retreat, my friend Daniela taught me how to toast muesli. If you toast it yourself, you can put whatever ingredients you want into your muesli! To do this you need raw oats, honey and any other ingredients you want such as dried coconut and sultanas. Dan gave me some leftover muesli to try toasting it on my own at home:
Dan's toasted muesli is on the left, mine (on the right, in case you weren't sure) is a little... overdone.

However in my defense, the leftover untoasted muesli Dan gave me from the camp already had the sultanas and coconut mixed in to the oats. You're supposed to toast the oats with the honey first and then add the coconut and sultanas later.

I gallantly picked out every sultana from the mixture, but have you EVER tried to pick desiccated coconut out of a coconut-and-oats mixture?

No comments: