I am a Group Fitness Instructor. I teach Freestyle Step Aerobics, BodyPump, Indoor Cycle, Boxing Classes, Circuit Classes, and Aqua Aerobics.

Oh, yeah... and it's not just fat, apparently there's a baby in there too :)

Thursday 1 February 2007

Running Group

We're now one month into it, and going strong! This week we had 3 new participants.

On Sunday we did Speed Work ~ instead of going on a longer, moderately-paced run, we did a series of short sprints, both on flat ground as well as up a hill. The purpose of Speed Work, according to Brett, is to increase the anaerobic capacity of your muscles. Click here for an explanation of anaerobic exercise.

This training session was difficult! Probably one of the more difficult running sessions I have done since I began running almost 2 years ago. But my sense of satisfaction after completing the speed work was immense. And my muscles boasted evidence of hard work on Monday morning ~ I had sore hamstrings... so did James!

After discussing with Brett, it looks like we may schedule speed work sessions for once a month. Whilst they will only get more and more difficult as each individual in the group seeks to push him/herself further with each session, I think the results will speak for themselves. Even on my run yesterday I felt an improvement since Sunday ~ I was able to push myself to run a bit faster than normal without my need of oxygen giving in on me as soon.

Here are some of photos of our training session from two weeks ago:


I really love this next photo:

No comments: