I am a Group Fitness Instructor. I teach Freestyle Step Aerobics, BodyPump, Indoor Cycle, Boxing Classes, Circuit Classes, and Aqua Aerobics.

Oh, yeah... and it's not just fat, apparently there's a baby in there too :)

Wednesday 15 November 2006

No turning back!

I registered for the 8km run option for the Spring into Shape 2006 race today. I know I already said a few weeks back that I would do it, but now the deed is official... so there's definitely no turning back.

Even though I hadn't officially registered until today, the verbal commitment I made a few weeks ago to my friend Daniela has certainly made a difference in my training since making that commitment. I have had a tangible motivation to push myself - that motivation being a combination of a desire to be prepared as best I can, and a fear of not being prepared enough.

Yesterday I ran 6.5km on the treadmill, the furthest I have ever run on a treadmill. And if that wasn't enough, today I upped the stakes and ran for 7km. This morning, the only thing that kept me going beyond the 5.5km mark was the thought that in less than two weeks I have to run 1km further and on a footpath, not on a
treadmill, which is more difficult.

I am pleased that this new level of motivation is already showing through in the results I am getting.

No comments: