I am a Group Fitness Instructor. I teach Freestyle Step Aerobics, BodyPump, Indoor Cycle, Boxing Classes, Circuit Classes, and Aqua Aerobics.

Oh, yeah... and it's not just fat, apparently there's a baby in there too :)

Sunday 24 December 2006

Carols by Candlelight

My first time at Carols by Candlelight at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl!

Before my family moved to Hong Kong, we spent every Christmas Eve sitting together in our living room with all lights turned off except for those on the Christmas Tree, gathered around the television watching this annual event together and singing along with carolers with the aid of the printed lyrics in the Herald Sun.

It was such an exciting moment in my life to be able to go for real!

The event did not start until 9pm, but the lawns opened from 5pm, so James and I met our friends Chris and Sarah early for a picnic dinner at the lawns.

Unfortunately it rained that afternoon and evening! So I was a little cold and tempted to be miserable too, but Chris and Sarah had such a great attitude about the whole thing that I couldn't help but be influenced by their great example.

So we sat through the bouts of drizzle and occasional shower in our ponchos. Thankfully the rain was not heavy enough to soak through our blanket.

My favourite part of the blog - the photos of course!



Just to prove we were actually there - as if you doubted me for a moment!













Happy couples together on our picnic blankets.
















The lawn area was pretty filled with people, in this photo not everyone has arrived yet
.












You can't have Carols by
Candlelight without a candle!


















View of the stage at night - we had such an awesome time despite the cold and rain.

Note the fashion of the evening - brightly coloured ponchos can be seen on the happy couple sitting in front of us. We had ours on too, of course!

No comments: