I am a Group Fitness Instructor. I teach Freestyle Step Aerobics, BodyPump, Indoor Cycle, Boxing Classes, Circuit Classes, and Aqua Aerobics.

Oh, yeah... and it's not just fat, apparently there's a baby in there too :)

Sunday 31 December 2006

Runners' Lingo

I read this completely random guy's blog every week, because it's his running training diary, and an inspiration and motivator for me. Sometimes I have no idea what I'm reading because he appears to be using some sort of code language reserved only for the super serious runner.

People comment on his posts, even on the ones that only contain said language, which confirms to me that such a language does indeed exist.

Random Guy's most recent post has inspired me in several ways:

1. He sure can get a message across in a succinct way - the post has only a title and no body text, and that title only has four characters in it (one of which is a space): E 8K

2. Wow, I must be picking up on "Runner's Lingo" because I actually understand what this means!

3. This year, my main running achievement was completing an 8km race. However, Random Guy ~ whose real name is Martin ~ runs 8km on his easy days ("E 8K" means "Easy 8km") and about 20-25km on a normal day. One day maybe I'll be doing that too...

Martin, you will probably never know I am reading your blog, but thanks for being able to inspire little ol' me with two letters and one number (and a space, of course!).

No comments: